Metro Detroit's infamous Macomb County might be "the most politically craziest county in Michigan, if not the planet." Michigan Radio's senior news analyst Jack Lessenberry wrote that in a column for the Toledo Blade . The state's third most populous county has produced one outrageous headline after another: from a sheriff who went to prison for rape, to corruption surrounding a waste-hauling company, to the racist and sexist recordings plaguing Warren mayor Jim Fouts, and the list goes on and on. So what is wrong with Macomb County?
Lessenberry joined long-time Macomb County reporter Chad Selweski on Stateside to try to make sense of the "weirdness" that goes on in the county.
News Headlines from NPR
- Trump To Nominate Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue To Head Agriculture Department
- Bagwell, Raines And Rodriquez Are Elected To Baseball's Hall of Fame
- Nominee To Lead EPA Testifies He'll Enforce Environmental Laws
- Organic Chickens Get More Room To Roam
- After 8 Years Of Unbroken War, Obama Hands Over Conflicts To Trump